North Cedar, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: May 1, 1995


North Cedar is a farming community on Farm Road 2501 seventeen miles northeast of Groveton in northeastern Trinity County. The area was first settled before the Civil War. Several schools, including Iris and Brown Springs, operated in the region beginning in the 1870s. During the early 1990s North Cedar was a dispersed rural community. At that time descendants of many of the original settlers still lived in the area, and a church, known as New Church and founded before 1900, was still active.

Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “North Cedar, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/north-cedar-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

May 1, 1995

Loading