North Chapel, TX


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: April 1, 1995


North Chapel, a farming community near Interstate Highway 20 two miles north of Kilgore in southwestern Gregg County, was probably established before 1900. In the mid-1930s the small community had a school, a church, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II its school was closed, and many of its residents moved away. In the early 1990s only a few scattered dwellings remained in the area.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “North Chapel, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 18, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/north-chapel-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

April 1, 1995

Place
North Chapel
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1342706
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Gregg County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.44070400°
  • Longitude: -94.91632750°