Odom, TX


By: Diana J. Kleiner

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Odom, on Farm Road 3080 fourteen miles southwest of Canton in extreme southwest Van Zandt County, appeared on 1936 state highway maps as the location of a school and scattered residences and in 1981 as scattered dwellings along the roadway. The Odom school was consolidated with the Mabank Independent School District in 1949. Beard Cemetery, referred to as the Odom-Beard Cemetery by some sources, is nearby.

Van Zandt County History Book Committee, History of Van Zandt County (Dallas, 1984).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Diana J. Kleiner, “Odom, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/odom-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Place
Odom
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1378785
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Van Zandt County
Associated Names

Beard

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.37819850°
  • Longitude: -96.03135860°