Olga, TX


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Olga was in southern Nolan County near the Coke county line. A post office existed from October 12, 1892, until it was discontinued and moved to Blackwell on October 31, 1910. Annie Parker was the first postmistress. The settlement was abandoned by 1940. No indication of the community was on 1980 county maps.

Ed Ellsworth Bartholomew, The Encyclopedia of Texas Ghost Towns (Fort Davis, Texas, 1982).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Olga, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 27, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/olga-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Place
Olga
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Nolan County
Associated Names

Rex 2

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.09659600°
  • Longitude: -100.35852000°