Olmos is a small rural community located on Farm Road 467 about ten miles southwest of Seguin in southwestern Guadalupe County. The farming settlement began in the latter half of the 1800s. A post office opened under the name of Olmus in 1879. In 1890 the Texas State Gazetteer reported Olmus as a "village on Elm Creek" with a population of 400. Edward Huthmacher served as postmaster, and the town had three cotton gins, a flour mill, gristmill, blacksmiths, and a general store. In 1896 the Gazetteer also reported eight churches and more than one school. Apparently the community began to decline. The post office closed in 1905, and the town was not listed among the Guadalupe County school districts by that time. Highway maps during the 1930s showed a few homes in the area. By the second half of the twentieth century the town was called Olmos. In 1990 the population was thirty. It increased to seventy-five in 2000.