Ora, also known as Breaker, was located midway between Huntington and the Angelina River twenty miles east of Lufkin in eastern Angelina County. A post office opened in 1884 under the name Breaker. In 1894 the name was changed to Ora. By 1896 the settlement had a general store, a corn mill, Christian and Methodist churches, a blacksmith, and a physician. Several sawmills also operated in the area. The town reportedly had the area's first schoolhouse, which was built with wood siding and known locally as Plank School. The post office closed in 1911, but as late as the 1930s there were still two churches and a school at the site. Much of the surrounding area was inundated after the completion of Sam Rayburn Reservoir in 1960. In the early 1990s only the two churches and a few scattered houses remained. No traces of the former community were shown on county highway maps in 2000.