Palestine, TX (Lamar County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: June 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Palestine, seventeen miles northeast of Paris off Farm Road 906 in northeastern Lamar County, was settled before 1900. During the mid-1930s the community had a store, a school, and a number of houses. After World War II many of its residents moved away, and in the early 1990s only a church, a cemetery, and a few scattered dwellings remained. No population estimates are available.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Palestine, TX (Lamar County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/palestine-tx-lamar-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

June 1, 1995

Loading