Parsley Hill, TX


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


Parsley Hill is at the intersection of Farm roads 1207 and 2074, eleven miles southwest of Vernon in southwestern Wilbarger County. It developed around a school that began in 1911, and was named after landowner J. N. Parsley. A gin and a blacksmith shop were built later. In 1929 the school was consolidated with the Antelope, Haney, Guggisberg, and Kincheloe districts to form the Five-In-One School. During the 1940s the Parsley Hill population was 180, and the community had two businesses. From 1950 through the 1980s, however, forty residents were reported there. Parsley Hill was shown on the 1984 county highway map with two businesses. In 2000 the population was again reported at forty.

Wilbarger County Historical Commission, Wilbarger County (Lubbock, 1986).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Parsley Hill, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 27, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/parsley-hill-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

Place
Parsley Hill
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2034969
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Wilbarger County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 34.04008690°
  • Longitude: -99.41675080°
Population Counts
People Year
25 2009