Parvin, TX


By: Brian Hart

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: May 1, 1995


Parvin is off of Farm Road 1385 in extreme east central Denton County. It was established about 1854 as the Rue Settlement, when it was the site of a log building that served both as school and Presbyterian church. The name was changed at some point to honor Henry Parvin, a local landowner. The community had a store, a blacksmith shop, a church, and a few houses before 1900. From the middle 1930s to 2000 Parvin reported a population of forty-four.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Brian Hart, “Parvin, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/parvin-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
May 1, 1995

Place
Parvin
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1380329
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Denton County
Associated Names

Good Hope

Rue

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.25345030°
  • Longitude: -96.87027970°
Population Counts
People Year
44 2009