Patman, TX

By: H. Allen Anderson

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


Patman, named for an early settler, is on State Highway 49 five miles north of Avinger in western Cass County. It originally centered around a switch on a narrow-gauge line built and operated by the Missouri, Kansas and Texas (Katy). The line was later taken over by the Kansas City Southern and changed to a standard gauge. The community had several residences, a rural chapel, and a cemetery in 1990. In 2000 the community, also called Patman Switch, had a population of forty.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

H. Allen Anderson, “Patman, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 23, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/patman-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

Loading