Pearson's Chapel, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: June 1, 1995


Pearson's Chapel, also known as Pearson's, a farming community at the junction of Farm roads 1280 and 3151, six miles west of Lovelady in south central Houston County, developed around a church of that name that had been established before 1900. In the mid-1930s the community had a church, a school, and a number of houses. After World War II its school was consolidated with that of Lovelady, and by the mid-1960s only a church and a few widely scattered houses remained in the area. In the early 1990s Pearson's Chapel was a dispersed rural community.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Pearson's Chapel, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/pearsons-chapel-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

June 1, 1995

Loading