Pecan Grove, TX (Navarro County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Pecan Grove, on Tupelo Branch six miles northeast of Corsicana in eastern Navarro County, was probably established before 1900. In the mid-1930s it had a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. Children attended school in nearby Hester. After World War II many of the residents moved away, but in the mid-1960s a church and cemetery were still in the area. In the early 1990s Pecan Grove was a dispersed rural community.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Pecan Grove, TX (Navarro County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/pecan-grove-tx-navarro-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Loading