The Pflugerville Colored Addition is located in Travis County on Farm Road 1825 in west Pflugerville. In 1910 black workers in Travis County who worked in the Pflugerville cotton industry and ice factory were not allowed to move into the town. La Rue Norton, a farmer who owned 1,200 acres of land west of Pflugerville, set off about an acre and sold lots to the workers at fifty dollars each. In April 1910 the settlement was placed in the county records as Pflugerville's Colored Addition. The original settlers of the Colored Addition were Pete McDade, George Caldwell, Will Smith, Ned Tyson, Willie Allen, and their families. The community built St. Mary's Baptist Church in 1910 and had built St. Matthew's Missionary Church by 1920. St. Mary's cemetery, located west of St. Mary's Church, was started in the 1920s for the burial of African and Mexican Americans. The community built an elementary school in 1928. In 1959 St. Mary's Church was rebuilt on Farm Road 1825 at the site of the elementary school, which moved 100 yards to the northwest. The school moved to Pflugerville when the school district desegregated in 1965. In 1973 St. Matthew's Missionary Baptist Church closed because of dwindling membership. The Colored Addition came to the attention of Travis county commissioners in 1978, when the Pflugerville Independent School District requested that the county maintain Lincoln Avenue, a dirt road that ran through the Colored Addition to a newly built parking lot for school buses. The commissioners, disturbed that the community's official name continued to reflect its origin under legal segregation, attempted to rename it the Western Addition. They were unable, however, to obtain legal approval from property owners to change the name. In 1990 the name was still Pflugerville's Colored Addition. The addition never held more than six families at one time, but as many as fifty-five families had lived there by 1978, when the settlement was on the verge of becoming a ghost town. No longer restricted to living in the area, some residents had moved to Pflugerville. Others chose to leave the Pflugerville area during its economic decline in the 1970s. In 1986 St. Mary's Baptist Church remained open, and the population of the addition was three. In 1989 six families lived in the addition.