Piedmont, TX (Upshur County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: June 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Piedmont, three miles southeast of Gilmer and a mile east of U.S. Highway 271 in south central Upshur County, was probably established around 1900. In the mid-1930s the community had a school, a church, and a number of houses. Many of its residents moved away after World War II, but in the mid-1960s the school and the church were still present. In 1990 Piedmont was a dispersed rural community. In 2000 the population was twenty.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Piedmont, TX (Upshur County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 17, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/piedmont-tx-upshur-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

June 1, 1995

Loading