Pine Branch, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: September 1, 1995


Pine Branch is off Farm Road 909 twenty miles south of Clarksville in southern Red River County. The community was first settled prior to 1900. A school was in operation by 1907, when it had an enrollment of thirty. In the mid-1930s Pine Branch had a store, a school, and a number of houses. The school and store were closed around the time of World War II, but in the early 1990s a community center and a few scattered dwellings still remained.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Pine Branch, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/pine-branch-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

September 1, 1995

Loading