Pinehurst, TX (Orange County)


By: Robert Wooster

Type: General Entry

Published: 1976

Updated: May 1, 1995


Pinehurst is on Interstate Highway 10 and State Highway 62/73, twenty miles east of Beaumont in central Orange County. John B. Lea and Mrs. Georgia Spooner owned the tract, which they platted in 1948. The area, originally known as Pinehurst Heights, became a residential and retail community. Pinehurst voters agreed to incorporate in 1955 by a 109–89 margin, and they defeated an attempt to abolish the corporation the following year. Pinehurst had a population of 1,703 in 1960, 3,055 in 1980, and 2,682 in 1990. The population was 2,274 in 2000.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Robert Wooster, “Pinehurst, TX (Orange County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 19, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/pinehurst-tx-orange-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1976
May 1, 1995

Place
Pinehurst
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2411425
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: Yes
Belongs to
  • Orange County
Associated Names

-Heights

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 30.10862750°
  • Longitude: -93.77047100°
Population Counts
People Year
1,703 1960
2,198 1970
3,055 1980
2,682 1990
2,274 2000
2,097 2010
2,163 2019