Piney Point, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: September 1, 1995


Piney Point was a post office community four miles northwest of Groveton in northwestern Trinity County. The post office operated from 1857 until 1858; Groves M. Brazier was the postmaster. By the time of the Civil War the settlement no longer appeared on maps. No population estimates were available.

Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Piney Point, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/piney-point-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

September 1, 1995

Loading