Plaxco, TX


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Plaxco was ten miles north of the site of present Graham, near Farm Road 2652 and Oak Creek in Young County. The town, originally called Rocky Mound, was renamed when Enoch M. Plaxco established a post office in 1902. The office lasted exactly one year before it was discontinued and moved to Graham. Nothing remained of this short-lived settlement on 1980 county maps.

Carrie J. Crouch, Young County: History and Biography (Dallas: Dealey and Love, 1937; rev. ed., A History of Young County, Texas, Austin: Texas State Historical Association, 1956).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Plaxco, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 30, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/plaxco-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Place
Plaxco
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Young County
Associated Names

Indian Mound

Rocky Mound

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.21205640°
  • Longitude: -98.63644780°