Pleasant Glade, TX (Tarrant County)


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: September 1, 1995


Pleasant Glade, also known as Glade, was located ten miles northeast of Fort Worth in northeastern Tarrant County. Pleasant Glade, Pleasant Run, and Colleyville were organized in the area in the 1880s. Pleasant Glade had a church and a school. French horticulturist Anthelm Bidault planted an orchard near the community in the 1890s. Pleasant Glade was bypassed by the railroads and highway construction and disappeared sometime after 1940.

Historic Resources Survey: Selected Tarrant County Communities (Fort Worth: Historic Preservation Council for Tarrant County, 1990).
Places:
  • Communities
  • Dallas/Fort Worth Region
  • North Texas

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Pleasant Glade, TX (Tarrant County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/pleasant-glade-tx-tarrant-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
September 1, 1995

This entry belongs to the following Handbook Special Projects:


Place
Pleasant Glade
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Tarrant County
Associated Names

Glade

Colleyville

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.88179360°
  • Longitude: -97.10778830°