Pleasant Hill is at the intersection of Farm Road 2526 and U.S. Highway 183, eight miles south of Cisco in southwestern Eastland County. The community was settled in the 1880s on Dead Horse Creek. It had a one-room schoolhouse by early 1892, when a group of settlers met there to organize the Pleasant Hill Baptist Church. A cemetery was in use by 1904, and the church had fifty-six members that year. Church members met in the schoolhouse until 1905, when a church building was completed. The church building burned down later that same year and was rebuilt in 1906. By 1938 Pleasant Hill was sending its children to Cisco schools, though the Pleasant Hill school wasn't officially consolidated with Cisco until 1943. In 1940 the community had a church, the school building, three businesses, and a number of scattered dwellings. In 1944 the school building was purchased by the church, and a new church was constructed out of lumber from the old church and the school. In 1946 the community received electrical service. The population was ten in 1964, twenty-one in 1968, and fifteen from 1970 through 2000. The church and cemetery still remained in 1992.