Pleasant Hill, TX (Lamar County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: May 1, 1995


Pleasant Hill, twelve miles west of Paris and south of U.S. Highway 82 in western Lamar County, was settled by 1897, when the school had an enrollment of forty-three. During the mid-1930s the community comprised a church, a school, a cemetery, and a number of houses. Pleasant Hill declined after World War II, and by 1990 only the church and a few scattered dwellings remained in the area.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Pleasant Hill, TX (Lamar County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/pleasant-hill-tx-lamar-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

May 1, 1995

Loading