Pleasant Ridge, TX (Panola County)


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: October 1, 1995


Pleasant Ridge, a rural community four miles south of Carthage on Farm Road 2517 in central Panola County, was first settled after the Civil War. A school was in operation by the 1890s, and in 1897 it had an enrollment of thirty-seven. In the mid-1930s Pleasant Ridge had a school, two stores, and a number of houses. After World War II the school was consolidated with the Carthage school, but in the mid-1960s a church and a few scattered dwellings still remained in the area. In the early 1990s Pleasant Ridge was a dispersed rural community.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Pleasant Ridge, TX (Panola County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/pleasant-ridge-tx-panola-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

October 1, 1995

Place
Pleasant Ridge
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1380377
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Panola County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.10460800°
  • Longitude: -94.33492040°