Pleasant Valley was a small rural community located in southern Burnet County three miles east of Marble Falls on Farm Road 1431. It was settled after the Civil War. Andrew Jackson Kinser operated a gin at Pleasant Valley, but the local school was the focal point of the community. The Pleasant Valley school district was consolidated with the Marble Falls Independent School District in 1948. The school and several scattered houses marked the community on county highway maps in the late 1940s, but a cemetery was all that remained by the late 1970s.