Pleasant View, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: September 1, 1995


Font size: A / A reset

Pleasant View was near the Trinity River twenty-two miles west of Athens in far western Henderson County. The site was first settled before 1890, and at one time there was a church and school nearby. After World War II most of the residents left the area, and by the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Pleasant View, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/pleasant-view-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

September 1, 1995

Loading