Poer, TX

By: Claudia Hazlewood

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Poer, a rural community of central Bowie County, was settled during the 1830s around the Poer plantation. A post office named for John F. Poer operated from 1897 until 1904. The school was consolidated with the one at Maud in 1900. By 1984 Poer had ceased to exist as a named community.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Claudia Hazlewood, “Poer, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 04, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/poer-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Loading