Pony, TX


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Pony is on Pony Creek and a local road just west of the Colorado River and ten miles southeast of Ballinger in southeast Runnels County. A post office, established in 1910 with Herman D. Davis as postmaster, served the area until discontinued and moved to Ballinger in 1918. By 1940 Pony was reported as having a population of twenty-five; the rural settlement and nearby Hoffman cemetery still appeared on 1980 county maps.

Frank D. Jenkins, ed., Runnels County Pioneers (Abilene, Texas: R&R Reproduction, 1975).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Pony, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 30, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/pony-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Place
Pony
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Runnels County
Associated Names

La Vierne

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.64098640°
  • Longitude: -99.85952460°