Post San Marcos was a fort during the Republic of Texas era. It was located at San Marcos Springs at the head of the San Marcos River in what is now Hays County. It was occupied by Capt. Joseph Wiehl's Company H, First Infantry regiment between October 1840 and February 1841. After the regular army was disbanded, the post was probably dismantled by the settlers who arrived next.