Price's, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: May 1, 1995


Price's was a short-lived post office and flag stop on the International-Great Northern Railroad ten miles southwest of Jacksonville in western Cherokee County. A post office operated there from June 1879 to April 1880. The town's name may have come from the community of Pierce's Chapel two miles south.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Price's, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/prices-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

May 1, 1995

Loading