Primrose, TX (Tarrant County)


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: May 1, 1995


Primrose, ten miles southwest of Fort Worth, once served as a community center and rail station for farmers and ranchers of southwestern Tarrant County. It developed after the arrival of the St. Louis and San Francisco Railway in the late 1870s. The population remained well under fifty. In 1990 Primrose still appeared on highway maps as a rail stop on the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway, though no organized community existed at the site.

Janet L. Schmelzer, Where the West Begins: Fort Worth and Tarrant County (Northridge, California: Windsor, 1985).
Places:
  • Communities
  • Dallas/Fort Worth Region
  • North Texas

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Primrose, TX (Tarrant County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/primrose-tx-tarrant-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
May 1, 1995

This entry belongs to the following Handbook Special Projects:


Place
Primrose
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1378909
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Tarrant County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.61152370°
  • Longitude: -97.43335280°