Pringle, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


Pringle is at the intersection of Farm Road 1598 and State Highway 136, on the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad nine miles north of Stinnett in northern Hutchinson County. It began in 1929 when the Chicago, Rock Island and Gulf Railroad built between Stinnett and Hitchland. The Pringle post office opened in 1929, and a school was organized that year. William H. Pringle, for whom the community is named, donated land for a school building. By 1933 Pringle had three businesses and a population of twenty. The post office closed about 1947, and the school was consolidated with the Morse schools in 1977. The population rose to sixty in 1947, dropped to forty-six in 1968, and has been estimated at forty from 1974 to 2000.

Hutchinson County Historical Commission, History of Hutchinson County, Texas (Dallas: Taylor, 1980).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Pringle, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/pringle-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

Place
Pringle
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1380904
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Hutchinson County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 35.94920420°
  • Longitude: -101.45627610°
Population Counts
People Year
20 2009