Pueblo, on the Eastland county line in the northeastern part of Callahan County, was established in the early 1900s as a stop on the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad. A post office was established in the community in 1909 with Edgar Robinson as postmaster. In 1915, at the peak of its growth, Pueblo had a general store, a post office, and a population of fifty. The post office was discontinued in 1918, and afterward the community declined. From 1930 through the 1940s Pueblo had a population of eighteen and one business. In 1948 the highway maps indicated a school, a business, and scattered dwellings in the town. In 1964 the Texas Almanac reported a population of twenty-four for Pueblo but listed its location as Eastland County. By 1968 the population had increased to forty-six, where it remained through 2000. The Eastland County location for Pueblo is one-half mile east of the old townsite, which is still identified as a dispersed rural community on the highway maps for Callahan County. Eastland County is the site of the Pueblo Plant, a gas pressure plant on State Highway 6 eight miles northwest of Cisco. The plant also provides housing for its employees.