Radford, in northeastern Karnes County, was founded by Dr. William H. Radford, a dentist. In 1895 he moved to Karnes County from Hays County. He lived briefly in Runge but then bought some land at a site halfway between Helena and Riddleville, where the road branched to Runge. He built a general store and a residence and opened a dental practice. A post office called Radford was established there in 1897, and Dr. Radford served as postmaster. Walter Upton bought the place in 1900. A cotton gin was built there, but the Radford community nevertheless declined, and its post office was closed in 1907. The store and cotton gin were used until the 1930s.