Rainey's Chapel, TX


By: Diana J. Kleiner

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Rainey's Chapel, just west of Farm Road 859 six miles north of Canton in north central Van Zandt County, had a school that reached an enrollment of thirty-one in 1904 and was consolidated with the Edgewood Independent School District by the 1950s. State highway maps of 1936 indicated a church and scattered dwellings at the townsite; in 1987 the church and scattered residences remained.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Diana J. Kleiner, “Rainey's Chapel, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/raineys-chapel-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Place
Rainey's Chapel
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Van Zandt County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.66041500°
  • Longitude: -95.90303300°