Rancho de las Cabras is located off State Highway 97 just outside of Floresville in Wilson County. The park includes the site of a ranching outpost (the Rancho de las Cabras) of the San Francisco de la Espada Mission in San Antonio. Missionaries and Indians raised livestock at the ranch from 1731 to 1794. The site originally included fortifications and a chapel, but only a few foundations remained in the 1980s. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department bought the property, which became known as Rancho de las Cabras State Historic Site, from private owners in 1976 and 1977 for about $86,000. In 1995 the National Park Service acquired Rancho de las Cabras, and the site became part of San Antonio Missions National Historical Park. As of the 2010s guided tours were offered periodically throughout the year. See also CALVILLO, MARÍA DEL CARMEN.