Randolph, TX (Trinity County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: June 1, 1995


Randolph, on Farm Road 357 seventeen miles northeast of Groveton in northeastern Trinity County, was founded around 1849 by Y. W. Randolph and his family. They had moved to Texas from Selma, Alabama. At one time the community had a saloon and a drugstore, but by the 1930s only a few scattered houses and a cemetery remained.

Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986). Trinity County Historical Commission, Trinity County Cemeteries (Burnet, Texas: Nortex, 1980).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Randolph, TX (Trinity County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/randolph-tx-trinity-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

June 1, 1995

Loading