Red Bank, TX

By: Claudia Hazlewood

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Red Bank, ten miles northeast of New Boston in northeastern Bowie County, was settled between 1830 and 1845 and named for the color of the soil in the hilly region. A post office operated there in 1901 and 1902 with James Hubbard as postmaster. In 1984 Red Bank had two businesses, a church, two cemeteries, and scattered houses. It was still listed as a community in 1990. By 2000 the population had reached 125.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Claudia Hazlewood, “Red Bank, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 04, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/red-bank-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Loading