Red Branch is an unincorporated rural community in extreme northwestern Grayson County twenty miles northwest of Sherman on Farm Road 901 and two miles east of the county's western boundary. Settled about 1860, the village was named for the redbuds and the red banks of a nearby stream. The village received a post office in 1891; it operated until 1904. Red Branch reported a population of thirty-six and one business from 1936 to 1948. In 1989 the community had several scattered houses but no businesses.
Support Texas History Now
Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.
Brian Hart, “Red Branch, TX (Grayson County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed January 22, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/red-branch-tx-grayson-county.
Published by the Texas State Historical Association.