Red Flat, TX


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: September 1, 1995


Red Flat, a rural community ten miles northwest of Nacogdoches on Farm Road 343 in western Nacogdoches County, was established after the Civil War. A school was in operation by 1904, when it had an enrollment of twenty-four. During the 1930s Red Flat had a school and a number of houses. The school was closed around the time of World War II. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses and a church remained in the area. No population estimates were available.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Red Flat, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed June 28, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/red-flat-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

September 1, 1995

Place
Red Flat
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1366148
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Nacogdoches County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.70101020°
  • Longitude: -94.78021260°