Red Ranger, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: September 1, 1995


Red Ranger is a rural farming community in eastern Bell County located at the intersection of Farm roads 437 and 940 eleven miles southeast of Temple. It was founded by Czech settlers, including John Simek and Ben Lesikar, around the turn of the century. It had twenty inhabitants, a school, and one business in the 1940s. By 1964 Red Ranger had fifteen residents and several scattered dwellings. In 1990 through 2000 the population was twelve.

Categories:
  • Peoples
  • Czechs
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Red Ranger, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 16, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/red-ranger-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
September 1, 1995

Place
Red Ranger
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1380424
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Bell County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.00657170°
  • Longitude: -97.18027340°
Population Counts
People Year
30 2009