Redfield, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: September 1, 1995


Redfield, a rural community on U.S. Highway 59 four miles north of Nacogdoches in northern Nacogdoches County, was first settled before 1900. In the mid-1930s it had a church, several stores, and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved to Nacogdoches, but as late as the mid-1960s the area still had a store, a church, and a number of scattered houses. In later years Redfield had become part of the greater Nacogdoches area. No population estimates were available.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Redfield, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/redfield-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

September 1, 1995

Loading