Redwood is on Cottonwood Creek and Farm Road 1978, seventeen miles north of Seguin in northern Guadalupe County. A post office was in operation from 1895 to 1906. In 1904 Redwood had three one-teacher schools for ninety-one students. The schools had been incorporated into the San Marcos district by the 1950s. In 1980 and 1990 the population was 400. In 2000 the population was 3,586.