Rio Grande Station was the name given by James M. Norris to old Fort Duncan, when on April 7, 1862, he selected the site as a station for the Frontier Regiment. The station was manned by members of Capt. Thomas Rabb's company as a ranger post until March 1864. After the Civil War the post was reoccupied by federal troops as Fort Duncan.
Support Texas History Now
Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.
Anonymous, “Rio Grande Station,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed November 26, 2020, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/rio-grande-station.
Published by the Texas State Historical Association.