Robbins, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: June 1, 1995


Robbins is near the intersection of State Highway 7 and Farm Road 39, just east of the Burlington Northern Railroad eight miles west of Centerville in western Leon County. It was founded as a station on the Houston and Texas Central Railway in 1905. Two years later the Trinity and Brazos Valley was built through just to the west of the community. Robbins had two businesses in 1931. That stretch of the Houston and Texas Central was abandoned in 1933, and its bed became Farm Road 39. In 1940 the community had a population of forty, two businesses, and scattered dwellings. The population was estimated at twenty from 1949 to 1993, and there was one business in Robbins in 1990. The population remained at twenty in 2000.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Robbins, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 19, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/robbins-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
June 1, 1995

Place
Robbins
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1380445
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Leon County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.25545800°
  • Longitude: -96.12274010°
Population Counts
People Year
20 2009