Robbinsville, TX


By: Cecil Harper, Jr.

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Robbinsville was 2½ miles south of Bagwell in western Red River County. It was settled in the 1840s and named for John Robbins, an early settler and the original grantee of the land on which the community was built. A post office was granted in 1856 but was moved in 1876 to Bagwell, which had been established on the railroad. Robbinsville continued to serve as a gathering place for area farmers for several years. In 1882 the village had one store, a church, and a school. By 1931, however, the settlement had disappeared.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Cecil Harper, Jr., “Robbinsville, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/robbinsville-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Place
Robbinsville
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Red River County