Robertson is at the junction of Farm roads 1525 and 378, sixteen miles east of Lubbock in southwestern Crosby County. It was established in 1907 when three parents, Tom Morrison, Marshall Wheeler, and W. M. (Fiddler) Robertson, built a one-room schoolhouse on V Ranch land. Kate Reagan was the first to teach there. The building was replaced in 1914 by a larger structure built on land donated by A. B. Robertson. Increasing population growth resulted in the construction in 1924 of a new schoolhouse, a gin, and a store. Through the 1930s and 1940s the community continued to develop slowly, but after farming methods improved, fewer hired workers were needed, and school enrollment declined. In 1961 the elementary school was discontinued, and the Robertson school was consolidated with the Lorenzo Independent School District. Though the school and old store were no longer in use, the gin was still doing well in 1977. Robertson reported a population of thirty-five in 1980 through 2000.