Rocky Hollow, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995

Updated: January 19, 2021


Rocky Hollow was on Cowan Creek and Farm Road 2338 ten miles northwest of Georgetown in northwest Williamson County. By 1880 it was the site of a Black school called Rocky Hollow and a White school called Yarbrough, and at different times the community had a small store and stagecoach stop, a church, and a cemetery. The Black school, which had twenty pupils in 1900, also served as a church. By 1977 only the cemetery remained.

Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Rocky Hollow, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 19, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/rocky-hollow-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995
January 19, 2021

Place
Rocky Hollow
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1366794
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Williamson County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 30.73741040°
  • Longitude: -97.80001410°