Rocky Point, TX (Van Zandt County)


By: Diana J. Kleiner

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Rocky Point, on Farm Road 47 sixteen miles northwest of Canton in northwest Van Zandt County, had a Grange by 1874 and appeared on 1936 state highway maps as the site of a school, a church, a single business establishment, a cemetery, and scattered dwellings. Local schools were consolidated with the Wills Point Independent School District by the 1950s. By 1987 Rocky Point Cemetery and a business survived.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Diana J. Kleiner, “Rocky Point, TX (Van Zandt County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed July 07, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/rocky-point-tx-van-zandt-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Place
Rocky Point
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1877616
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Van Zandt County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.75068250°
  • Longitude: -95.98691220°