Rocky Springs, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: March 1, 1995


Rocky Springs was on Farm Road 1475 eight miles east of Lufkin in east central Angelina County. In the 1930s the settlement had a school and a number of houses. Many of the residents have since left the area, but as late as the 1980s a church and cemetery still remained. Rocky Springs Cemetery was shown on county highway maps in 2000.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Rocky Springs, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/rocky-springs-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

March 1, 1995

Loading