Roeder, TX


By: Cecil Harper, Jr.

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Roeder is on Farm Road 1735 six miles southeast of Mount Pleasant in southeastern Titus County. A post office was established there in 1892 with John F. Merrett as postmaster; it remained in operation until 1904. In 1896 the community was little more than a country store, but by 1936 it had a population estimated at 100. The population had declined to twenty-five by 1954. In 1984 Roeder had a small store and widely scattered houses. It was still listed as a community in 1990.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Cecil Harper, Jr., “Roeder, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/roeder-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Place
Roeder
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2034838
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Titus County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.08567850°
  • Longitude: -94.86326610°
Population Counts
People Year
75 2014