Rosedale, TX


By: Robert Wooster

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: March 1, 1995


Rosedale is northeast of the junction of State Highway 105 and U.S. Highway 69/96/287, six miles northwest of downtown Beaumont in northern Jefferson County. The Rosedale post office was opened in 1890, and by 1893 the town was shown on Texas railroad maps as a stop on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad, although it was incorrectly shown as being south of Beaumont. The post office was discontinued in 1912, but the community retained its separate identity. In 1949 Rosedale was the site of a sawmill with a capacity of 25,000 board feet per day, an office of the Lower Neches Valley Authority, and the Griffing Nurseries. The population was estimated at 2,000. In that year, however, the Rosedale schools were consolidated with the Beaumont Independent School District. The community now lies within the Beaumont city limits.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Robert Wooster, “Rosedale, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 17, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/rosedale-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
March 1, 1995

Place
Rosedale
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1345570
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Jefferson County
Associated Names

Hebron

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 30.13493430°
  • Longitude: -94.16462650°